This course is a study of bread baking. Topics include baking terminology, tool and equipment use, formula conversions, functions of ingredients, and the use of proper flours. Creating formulas for individual recipes and production in the industry.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and explain baking terms, ingredients, equipment and tools used in bread production.
- Employ safe food handling practices using contemporary guidelines for bread production.
- Prepare a variety of different dough formulations.
- Prepare a variety of yeast doughs (rich, rolled-in, specialty, holiday breads, sourdough
- Scale and measure ingredients.
- Prepare various types of yeast raised bread dough.
- Produce baked breads using commercial ingredients and equipment.
- Chemistry of Bread Baking