The purpose of this online course is to prepare students for the ServSafe Manager exam. This interactive course has been designed using the latest techniques in learning theory, to deliver current food safety information. The course covers critical principles including: personal hygiene, cross contamination, time and temperature, cleaning and sanitizing, and more. A practice exam is included at the end of the course to help prepare for the proctored ServSafe Manager Certification exam. Once the course is completed, you’ll need to schedule your Servsafe Manager Certificate exam proctoring (Included).
The purchase of this Course is final. Once you begin the course, you will have 90 days to complete it, at which time the course will be deactivated.
Key concepts covered include:
- Explain the difference between the three types of food contamination: chemical, physical, and biological.
- Understand the major factors involved with keeping food safe
- Identify the various types of micro-organisms related to food service and their symptoms.
- Explore the importance of personal hygiene and its role in reducing the potential for cross-contamination.
- Illustrate proper hand washing techniques.
- Understand the governmental agencies involved in keeping food safe
- Be prepared to take, and pass, a national test on keeping food safe